Resilience- the ability to recover from difficulties, adversity, stressors; flexibility, adaptability
Resilience is the apex of all the Skills Building Tracts; honoring Earth Care, People Care and Fare Share principles in all we do. It is the invisible core of community wealth.
Managing your head and your relationships.
Staff Expansion & Development Curriculum Development
Ecological Collaborative Design, Team Building, Living Science (STEM) Application, K to post doctoral & vocational for Skills Building
Community, youth and families can explore over 20,000 uses for hemp, how they are made and perhaps, find new uses.
Camps, Retreats, Classes, Online Learning
Opportunities to do submersion, hands on learning at the off-grid eco campus as well as online for all ages.
- 2006-IIT Monthly Community Sustainability Forum on renewable energy, lowering our carbon footprint, sustainable agriculture and sustainable building
- 2007-Sustainable Community Leadership Training, trained 7 young adults in permaculture and basic skills building
- 2007- Community Charrettes to design the eco campus in partnership with IIT and
- 2007-2010 Betty Shabazz International Charter School, Muhammad University, CPS, Living Science STEM Exploration at the eco campus with integrated classroom curriculum. Signature Projects, K-8
- 2010-2013 Held annual State of the Climate Address at the Healthy Food Hub Market Days, guest speakers to highlight sustainable projects/solutions.
- 2014-2016 Work with Congresswoman Robin Kelly, Chicago and Southland leaders on peri urban asset mapping and building for local food system development.
- 2013-2019 Integrate permaculture, resilience into farmer training
- 2017-2019 CommUnity Permaculture Training, 27 graduates form a Guild to continue skills building
Like minds have traveled from all around the world to visit the eco campus
- South Africa
- Puerto Rico
- British Columbia